CITY OF BONNERS FERRY
7232 Main Street
P.O. Box 149
Bonners Ferry, Idaho 83805
Phone: 208-267-3105 Fax: 208-267-4375
JOB ANNOUCEMENT: FRONT DESK CLERK POSITION
HOURLY $14-$16 / Hour
STATUS: Full Time, Including Full City Benefits
DIRECT SUPERVISOR City Clerk / Treasurer
OPENING DATE: June 12, 2023
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
The City of Bonners Ferry is accepting applications for the Front Desk Clerk. This is an hourly, fulltime position with benefits. Position is open until filled. First review of applications will take place the
week of July 10th.
The Front Desk Clerk is the main employee who meets and greets all who enter City Hall, directing
them appropriately as well as performing secretarial and accounting functions of the Office of
Clerk/Treasurer, as directed. This position serves at the discretion of the Mayor and Clerk/Treasurer
with the Clerk/Treasurer being the immediate Supervisor.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Meet, greet, and direct the public in a professional manner.
- Answer phones and relay messages in a timely fashion including radio dispatch to City
- Receipt all money received at the City of Bonners Ferry
- Reconcile daily cash and deposit the funds.
- Maintain vendor files.
- Type and file.
- Work closely with all employees and department heads regarding City business.
- Knowledge of aspects of the election process. Must study and comprehend election laws of
the State of Idaho.
- Order office supplies and keep supplies stocked.
- Work with accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Notify customers of delinquencies and disconnect orders.
- Work closely with the outside auditor of the City during the annual audit.
- Must maintain confidentiality of information.
- General knowledge of all office functions and assumes responsibility of the office in the
absence of the Clerk/Treasurer and Bookkeeper/Deputy Clerk Treasurer including clerking of
- Perform a variety of complex duties designed to expedite services provided through the
varied responsibilities of the office.
- All other duties as assigned.
Standards of Performance:
High degree of performance required. Ability to communicate and work effectively with elected
officials, employees, professionals, vendors, and public acting in a professional and courteous
manner. Must be reliable and able to work under pressure while meeting deadlines; must be flexible
and can organize and prioritize a variety of related and unrelated tasks; must maintain composure
and can deal with people in sensitive and sometimes difficult situations.
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids:
Knowledge of entering and retrieving information from automated data systems. Knowledge of the
use of computer hardware, including printers, terminals, keyboards, and a variety of different
computer programs. Knowledge of the use of fax machines, typewriters, adding machines, copy
machines, cash registers, and recording equipment.
Required Skills, Education and Experience
- High school graduate
- Two to four years of experience working in a general office setting, or two to four
years’ experience in related duties, or equivalent combination of education and
- Strong people skills.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Mathematic skills required.
- Knowledge and understanding of ERP software.
- Work experience using Tyler ERP software.
- Grant writing experience.
COMPETITIVE BENEFIT PACKAGE
Along with competitive wages, the city offers a competitive benefit package to all full-time
employees. It includes the following:
- Medical benefits to the employee and employee immediate family with a contribution amount
of 10% by the employee.
- Member of the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho.
- Paid Time Off accrual of 176 hours per year; maximum 264 hours overall. Increases with time
at the city.
- Opportunity to accrue sick bank time.
- Twelve paid holidays.
- Voluntary Flexible Spending Account