CITY OF BONNERS FERRY
7232 Main Street
P.O. Box 149
Bonners Ferry, Idaho 83805
Phone: 208-267-3105 Fax: 208-267-4375
JOB ANNOUCEMENT: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANCE AND EVIDENCE CLERK
HOURLY $14.44 / Hour
SPECIFICATION Expected time frame of work 9:00 am-1:00pm M-F,
or by direction of the Police Chief.
STATUS: Part Time, Non-Benefited Position
DIRECT SUPERVISOR Police Chief
OPENING DATE: June 14, 2023
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
The City of Bonners Ferry Police Department is accepting applications for the Administrative Assistant/
Evidence Tech. This is an hourly, part-time position with no benefits. Position is open until filled. First
review of applications will take place the week of June 26th.
The Administrative Assistant/ Evidence Tech is the main employee who meets and greets all who
are directed to the Police Department by the City Hall staff, directing them appropriately as well as
performing secretarial and functions of the Police Office, as directed. This position serves at the
discretion of the Mayor and Police Chief with the Police Chief being the direct supervisor.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Meet and greet the public in a professional manner.
- Answer phones and relay messages in a timely fashion including phone contact with
City Police Officers.
- Responsible for daily errands
- Maintain files.
- Check the database for completed reports to place in case files.
- Manage Grants
- Data Entry, including entering citations into the county database program known as
ARTS, as well as reports into NIBRS by the 10th of each month.
- Maintain the calendar for court dates and officer schedules.
- Process records requests as needed or requested.
- Log evidence items, package and send to the lab.
- Perform review of city code for public when relevant to police duties.
- Order office supplies and keep supplies stocked.
- Work with the Accounts Payable/Payroll Clerk regarding police budget and police invoices and
- General knowledge of all office functions and assumes responsibility of the Police office.
- Perform a variety of complex duties designed to expedite services provided through the
varied responsibilities of the office.
- All other duties as assigned.
Standards of Performance:
High degree of performance required.
Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information, especially as it relates to court proceedings
and city records.
Ability to communicate and work effectively with employees, professionals, vendors, and the public
acting in a professional and courteous manner.
Must be reliable and able to work under pressure while meeting deadlines; must be flexible and can
organize and prioritize a variety of related and unrelated tasks; must maintain composure and can
deal with people in sensitive and sometimes difficult situations.
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids:
Knowledge of entering and retrieving information from automated data systems. Knowledge of the
use of computer hardware, including printers, terminals, keyboards, and a variety of different
computer programs. Knowledge of the use of fax machines, typewriters, adding machines, copy
Required Skills, Education and Experience
- High school graduate
- Clean driving record
- Valid driver’s license
- Strong people skills.
- Strong organizational skills required